In stocking up on fall essentials, I wanted to keep in mind modern shapes and style elements while also getting some pieces that can last through the seasons. For example, cable knits are always a staple for me, but turtle necks are really getting big again so I decided to invest in one this year.
Each season, wardrobe basics have slightly updated styles; the length of the collar on button downs, the placement of hardware on jeans, the shape of the heel on a boot. These subtle changes make us feel like we need to restock seasonally in an effort to look “current.” To me that just seems a little bit expensive. I am the kind of person that will love an article of clothing until it is threadbare and falling apart. And even when it is so ruined I can’t realistically wear it, I get sentimental about my favorite pieces and refuse to throw them away. (Which I need to work on, because as I have said in other blog posts, I can barely close my closet.) However, when there are a few trends that I am really loving (like turtlenecks, apparently) I will try to find a moderately-priced piece that fits it so that I can play around with the current style.
I put together the top trends I am excited to wear for fall, as well as some reasonably priced options for wearing them! Picking a few fun trends to experiment with every season can keep your wardrobe current, but playing around with the classics also gives the pieces a longer shelf-life in your closet. What trends are you guys excited about this fall?
1. Greylin Top ($86): A gorgeous top for layering. The silver played up current metallic trends. It also has a boyish fit, but a feminine print. Perfect for wearing during the holidays and into the spring, it is a really versatile piece. But the shape is modern and the color is so in right now!
2. Piperlime Collection Jumpsuit ($139): I have a jumpsuit obsession, and this is a perfect one to wear in the cold. So sleek and so classic, you can wear it a million ways!
3. Tinley Road Turtleneck ($98): This is the cable knit I talked about in the beginning of this post. I am sure you’ll be seeing it on the blog soon!
4. Skies Are Blue Pant ($89): Soft fitting trousers have been huge the past few seasons. I don’t think the trend is going anywhere any time soon. Plus this window-pane print is also huge right now, so you can kill two trends with one pant!
5. Pim and Larkin Jacket ($98): This is really a steal for such a great piece. Moto is in, tweed is in, but I am not sure I have seen them in such a pretty combination as this jacket.
6. BB Dakota Dress ($89): This east shift dress is so wearable, and the graphic print so on-trend. Slip on some thick tights and a blazer and you will look effortlessly chic.
Happy Friday beauties!